Fact Checked By Daniel Wood | Post Updated On: April 29, 2023
By reading this article you will get a broad idea of how a good hose makes difference in your cleaning. The 7 best pressure washer hose reviews will help you to pick the best!
With your purchase of pressure washer machine, you will get a high-pressure hose. The hose you will get is not a bad one, but if you want to buy a better hose or if you want another hose for your use then there are many options. This is a very important part of your device along with the other important parts. There are high-pressure hoses of different lengths to cover your small or large area. Before you buy a new hose or replace your previous one, you should get a good idea about the hoses available in the market.
- Best Quality Pressure Washer Hoses: Choose Your Desired One!
- Top Pressure Washer Hoses Comparison:
- Best Pressure Washer Hose – Top 7 Updated Lists!
- Features To Consider before buying Pressure Washer Hose
Best Quality Pressure Washer Hoses: Choose Your Desired One!
- Best for Compatibility: Briggs & Stratton 196006GS Hose
- Best for Gas: SIMPSON Cleaning 41028 Hose
- Best for Sun Joe SPX: Sun Joe SPX-25H Hose
- Best Choice: Schieffer Pressure Washer Hose
- Best for Comfort: SIMPSON Cleaning 40224 Hose
- Best for Cold Water: Apache 10085591 Hose
- Best Overall: Generac 6621 Hose
Top Pressure Washer Hoses Comparison:
|Briggs & Stratton 196006GS Hose
|Check On Amazon!
|SIMPSON Cleaning 41028 Hose
|Check On Amazon!
|Sun Joe SPX-25H Hose
|Check On Amazon!
|Schieffer Pressure Washer Hose
|Check On Amazon!
|SIMPSON Cleaning 40224 Hose
|Check On Amazon!
|Apache 10085591 Hose
|Check On Amazon!
|Generac 6621 Hose
|Check On Amazon!
Best Pressure Washer Hose – Top 7 Updated Lists!
1. Briggs and Stratton Pressure Washer Hose
As stated above in many reviews of different products a hose is considered good when it will serve your purpose better. You should find the hose that best fits your pressure washer and provides you a good performance. Briggs & Stratton 1/4-Inch Pressure Washer Hose is another good quality hose that can easily fit with your machine. This hose is not very heavy and will give you comfort while using it.
- Its Briggs and Stratton part number is
- This is ¼” x 25’ pressure washer hose for your smooth use.
- Its weight is only 1.9 pounds which is light.
- 9 x 7.8 x 7.9 inches is its dimension.
- Its tolerance level is 3000 PSI.
- 22mm connections will easily fit in this high-pressure hose.
- It’s lightweight and easy to carry around while cleaning.
- It will easily fit with 22mm connections.
- You can easily use it for your heavy-duty pressure washer.
- The black color doesn’t look dirty easily.
- The hose might feel a bit stiff for you while using.
- There might be a leak after using it for a longer period.
I am not going to say that this hose is one of the best hose for pressure washer available in the market but it is really very good in quality. You have to pay a very minimal amount to own this and it will get your work done easily and comfortably. Briggs & Stratton 1/4-Inch Pressure Washer Hose has got longer durability.
2. Simpson 50 foot Pressure Washer Hose
This is one of the best hoses available in the market for a gas-powered pressure washer. It has the capacity to tolerate around 4500 PSI water pressure. The hose dual-braided and is made of steel over polyester jacketed with a translucent polyurethane that can be used for cold water pressure washer. This is a very fine quality and durable hose that has the capacity to fulfill all your requirements.
- It is a 3/8″ x 50′ 4500 PSI replacement/extension hose.
- The hose is made of high-quality polyester and steel.
- The quick fitting and easily setup hose has 3/8″ Male QC Plug x 3/8″ Female QC Socket.
- SIMPSON Cleaning 41028 3/8-Inch hose can tolerate 4500 PSI and 140o F maximum.
- Its weight is 11 pounds and dimension is 4 x 16 x 16 inches.
- The hose is made of strong material that ensures its durability.
- It’s long and allows you to clean far areas from your machine.
- The tolerance level of this hose is very high.
- It’s easily available in the market.
- There is 90 days limited warranty.
- The hose might be a little heavy for you.
- It might not be as flexible as you expect it to be.
This is a very fine quality hose that is to be used for your gas-powered pressure washer. For a long time, you can easily use it and not worry about its performance. It has quick-connect ends that allows easy connection and removal.
3. Sun Joe 25 ft. Extension Pressure Washer Hose
This is a universal pressure washer extension hose that can be used for SPX series and others. Though it is made with the intention of using for Sun Joe machines you can use it for other machines as well. And if you have a Sun Joe machine then Sun Joe SPX-25H 25’ Universal Pressure Washer Extension Hose will be your best pick. It doesn’t cost you much and gives you plenty of benefits that you might not get from most of the hoses in the market.
- It can be used for most of the electric and gas powered machines that have maximum 2300 PSI water pressure.
- It has 22-millimeter M22 connections for better connecting.
- The hose is weather, abrasion and kink resistant and is quite durable.
- It easily fits all the SPX level machines.
- It weighs around 2.41 pounds and has got a dimension of 13.78 x 2.56 x 11.42 inches.
- It’s quite durable as it is abrasion and kink resistant.
- It can tolerate 2300 PSI water pressure washer which is a lot for residential machines.
- This product can be used for all the SPX machines.
- The hose is quite flexible to move around.
- The product is made in the USA.
- Some users said that the hose reduces the pressure of water which is not the case for most of them.
- For some users, the water tolerance level is a little short.
Sun Joe is a big name in pressure washer industry. Most of the users actually depend on their machines and if you have a machine of Sun Joe this hose will be perfect for you. The company kept its price within the range of average people. The material used is a good quality one that ensures its long-lasting.
Schieffer Pressure Washer Hose
This is a Schieffer textile braided hose that is designed for electric and gas-powered pressure washer and is made in the USA. For your medium-duty cleaning, this hose can support you well as it can tolerate 3000 PSI water pressure. Schieffer has a good reputation for making different high-pressure hoses and is quite reliable. Its length and strength will make your work easy and comfortable.
- It has 4:2 Burst to operating pressure.
- The hose has a seamless inner tube.
- It is ozone, abrasion and kink resistant.
- Its tolerance level is 3000 PSI water pressure.
- Weight is 3.3 pounds and dimension is 9 x 9 x 3.7 inches.
- It is 50’ long.
- You don’t have to worry about the kink of your hose.
- There is a smooth thermos plastic cover for flexibility.
- It is made in the USA with high-quality components.
- B & S, Craftsman, Generac & Karcher 1/4″ hose is strong and durable.
- You will get a warranty of 180 days.
- This hose has euro-twist M22 fittings and it will not work with quick connect style fittings.
- For high-pressure water, you cannot use this product.
If you are using a medium-duty pressure washer that provides 3000 PSI water maximum than you can easily buy this hose. It is light, strong and kink resistant. Its price is also not much compared to many hoses of its level.
SIMPSON Cleaning 40224 Hose
The hose that you get with your pressure washing machine often gets spoilt or sometimes you want a new and better quality hose. For this purpose when you go to the market you find many types of hoses there. From them, you have to choose the one that best fits your machine. SIMPSON Cleaning 40224 Cold Water Hose is one of the best that can be used for electric and gas pressure washers. It has a high tolerance level and good quality material.
- It is a polyester-braided high-pressure hose and can be used for cold water pressure washers.
- MorFlex technology has been used for kink resistance and high flexibility.
- 3100 PSI is its tolerance level.
- It is ¼” x 25’ replacement / extension hose.
- It can fit with both 14mm and 15mm connections and is equipped with M22 fittings with a dual o-ring design.
- You get different lengths, 25 feet, and 50 feet.
- This is quite flexible while using and you don’t have to worry about kink.
- This hose is used for cold water which is the case for most of the machines.
- It is designed to fit most gas powered pressure washers.
- For non-marring and abrasion resistance it is jacketed with polyurethane.
- You will get 90 days warranty.
- Some users say that it is a little thick to use.
- You cannot use this for your hot water pressure washer.
There might be many good quality hoses available in the market but for them, you have to pay a big amount. SIMPSON Cleaning 40224 Cold Water Hose is durable and easy to use. You don’t have to worry much about connecting it with your machine connectors. Maximum gas pressure washers can be connected to this hose.
Apache 10085591 Hose
Among many, this is another good quality hose for cold water that easily fits in your machine. Instead of roaming around for hoses you should decide and buy a hose quickly. After finding out its features, good and bad sides you can make your mind to buy Apache 10085591 5/16″ x 50′ Pressure Washer Hose. It is a 50’ long hose that has a temperature range from -4 degree to 140 degrees F. While using you will feel its lightness.
- This hose is 60 percent lighter than a rubber hose.
- It is scuff and mark resistant with long life.
- You can use it for cold water machines only.
- Temperature tolerance level is -4o to 140o F.
- Weight is 5.05 pounds and dimension is 13 x 13 x 3.8 inches.
- It feels light comparative to rubber made hoses.
- It can tolerate 3700 PSI which can be used for heavy-duty cleaning. Most of the pressure washers are cold water-based so you don’t have to worry much.
- Most of the pressure washers are cold water-based so you don’t have to worry much. This hose doesn’t drop
- This hose doesn’t drop the pressure of your water.
- It provides one year of warranty.
- If you have a hot water pressure washer this product is not for you.
- It is not very flexible though it is pretty durable.
If you use your pressure washer for residential purposes and need a hose this can fulfill your requirements. This is a very good quality hose that has a good length and will not lessen the pressure of your water. It is easily attachable with its easy connectors. The price is pretty reasonable and the best part is it is quite durable.
Generac 6621 Hose
You don’t usually get hoses with orange color but Generac 6621 Pressure Washer Hose is orange in color. It has got a length of 30 feet which is larger than many of the hoses available in the market. The product is flexible and pretty durable because of its good quality material. It has the capacity to tolerate high water pressure and can work with most of the pressure washer brands. You can easily lift this hose for its lightweight and work easily.
- It has M22 connections that fits most of the machines.
- 3100 PSI is its maximum tolerance level.
- The product is made with Nylon-reinforced technology for better durability.
- It has Female M22 connections.
- The hose is 2.5 pounds and its dimension is 9 x 9 x 3 inches.
- The hose is ultra-flexible and lightweight.
- It is compatible with most of the pressure washer brands.
- It can tolerate very high water pressure.
- It has non-marring PVC blend finish for a greater look.
- The product has bend restrictors at each end.
- When you use it with a heavy-duty machine it becomes a little stiff.
- You cannot use hot water with this product.
If you like a colorful hose for your pressure washer then this hose will work fine for you as it has the orange color. There is an extra 5-feet length than most of the hoses of its level which will give you an extra benefit. Its bend restrictors actually reduce wear and tear on connectors. This hose can be a great choice for your loving pressure washer.
Features To Consider before buying Pressure Washer Hose
Measure Your Need
At first, you have to decide that the hose you will need is made of what material, what should be the length to cover your large area. If you have a large area to cover, buy a hose with good length and if you have a small area to cover then buy a short one. Keep in mind that the large hose will be a problem to maintain in a small area and its price also will be more than a short one.
If you have an electric pressure washer then it will be a problem to move your machine here and there. In this case, a large hose will be helpful. If you have a gas pressure washer, then you can easily move your machine to places, and the short hose will serve you fine. Usually, people use hose starting from 20 feet to 50 feet. These hoses will not put much pressure on your device and will give you excellent service.
Different machines use hoses with different diameters. Before buying a hose, you should see your machine that what diameter hose it uses. All the hoses will not fit on all the machines. Usually, for up to 2700 PSI machines use ¼” diameter hose. The machines that have PSI from 2700 to 3400 use 5/16” diameter hose. The largest and most commonly used hose diameter is 3/8” which can handle up to 5000 PSI water pressure.
You need to connect your high pressure at both the ends, one with the main device and the other with the spray gun. You need to check the connection type of your machine whether it has a connection that snaps into place or one that screws into it. You also need to check whether your spray gun has a male or female connector. It is easier to work with the male type connector though you can buy a female-type connector.
Most of the hoses that we use in pressure washers are made of either of the three materials, PVC plastic, rubber, and polyurethane. The PVC plastic pipes are comparatively hard and difficult to bend. There is the chance of getting a crack if you try to bend it more than its normal. The rubber is comparatively flexible but pretty heavy. You might find difficult to move from one place to another, and if not careful it might leave a scuff mark on your wet concrete. The Polyurethane is a steel braided hose coated with plastic. These hoses bend easily.
Few Best Hoses
There are many hoses manufactured by different pressure washer companies in the market. Not all of the hoses are good quality. You have to find the good companies who make quality hoses and to buy them. You may have to pay a little more than the normal hoses. Some of the good quality hoses are Power Care 30 ft hose, Simpson 3/8” 50 ft hose, Apache, B&S Craftsman ¼” 50 ft hose, JGB Enterprises Eagle Hose, UBERFLEX kink resistant hose, etc.
Find your best hose for pressure washer and get them for better quality and efficient cleaning. Observe your machine and find out the best hose that will suit your machine and working sphere. You will get the specifications of different hoses in e-commerce sites such as amazon.com, etc. If you order they will give you a free home delivery as well. But before you place your order, find out all the specifications about the hose you are going to buy.